Monday, April 11, 2011

Looking Back from the Future

One of the techniques that I like to use with my clients is something I call “Looking Back from the Future.”



No matter your current age, imagine being elderly and looking back on your life. You might want to ask yourself questions like:



What were my major accomplishments?


Whose lives did I impact for the better?


How will I be remembered by those who knew me?


What were those things that I always wanted to do but never did?


What am I leaving to my family? Money or Memories?


Who did I never get around to telling “I love you”?


Who did I never forgive or ask forgiveness from?



Someday each of us will be in a position to ask those questions but not able to do anything about it.



So, ask yourself those questions, and others, now while you still have time to potentially change the answers. Don’t ever put yourself in the position of looking back on your life with regret. Act now so that you will be able some day to look back and see a life full of love, caring, serving others and building pleasant memories for everyone you encounter.

No comments:

Post a Comment